Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fashion consultant for hire

As I have grown up, my mom has always given me great fashion advice. (Anyone who knows my mom knows exactly what I am talking about! Love you mom.)I was excited to have my own little girl and help her learn what is cute on her. Well today I learned that being fashionable may have just skipped a generation because now my daughter is telling me what is cute and she is right!

This morning I was getting Abby ready for preschool. I thought she looked pretty cute in a pink long sleeved top and a denim skirt. As I went to do her hair she insisted on wearing a yellow headband with the pink ponytail holder I was putting in her hair. I thought "Oh, no, my little girl wants some weird 80's hair style, all kinds of crazy mismatched things in her hair." But she convinced me to try it. It was adorable! I didn't get a picture because I didn't think to take one until after preschool and by then it wasn't really done anymore. But take my word for it, she looked like she was in a gapkids ad!

So as it turns out it doesn't look good for me ever really knowing what is cute all on my own. But between my mom and Abby, I might be saved from ever wearing socks with sandals or any other major faux pas.

2 comments:

Anne said...

sy does that to me all the time. sometimes when he dresses himself i just flinch and it takes every muscle in my body to refrain from making him change his clothes. but then, upon further inspection, i realize that he has actually put together a pretty hip ensemble. i love all the pictures on your banner!

Amanda said...

She is such a little fashionista! You should take credit for this and know that she has been watching you all this time and has taken after you and your fashionable style:)