Sunday, November 9, 2008

I love planning parties



Abby's Birthday is coming up in about a week and a half and I am so excited. Honestly, I love planning my kids birthday parties. Abby wanted a sleepover this year, problem is she is turning 5, so we opted for a pretend one. We'll have pizza, soda, movies, toe nail painting and much more during the evening then everybody can go sleep in their own homes.

When I was little my mom was so good about doing the cutest parties. I remember an upside down party I had once, we ate under the table, had upside down cake and a game where we tried to walk on our hands. It was probably 20 years ago, but I still remember how great it was. I want my kids to have those kinds of memories.

I was trying to come up with creative things to do and I thought up these little sleeping bags for the invites. I think they turned out pretty darn cute. A card with all the info slides inside.

3 comments:

Anne said...

so cute, amy!! my mom was great at giving me really fun parties, too. if i ever have a girl i am totally copying you on this one.

Verity said...

MAN! Where's the 96-pt type when I need it. Those invites are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

That is so cool and very clever!