Sunday, May 23, 2010

Collin's Pirate Party




Collin had a pirate party yesterday with some of his Preschool and church friends.  Check out my attempt at the pirate ship cake (before you are too critical, know that I have never taken a cake decorating class.)  So most people who know me, know I LOVE to save money, but I also like things to look cute.  So I was really excited to make the eye patches and velvet goody bags from fabric from past projects.  All I really had to buy was candy, the pinata, plastic gold coins and a treasure chest (all of which I bought at Hobby Lobby with 40% off coupons each time I went past it for a week).  I think it turned out really fun and cute.  

7 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cute party! And, wow, what a cute cake!! I am very impressed and think it turned out great!!:)

Fred & Charlene said...

You are very creative, Amy!! Such adorable cakes and decorations!!
Collin looks so happy and excited!!

Anonymous said...

You did an anwesome job on the party...everything looks so cute.
I can't tell if Abby isn't very happy in that picture or if that's her "pirate" face :)

Traci said...

amy it looks great!

Kristina said...

Very cool cake! Looks like a fun party!

Amy said...

That is Abby's pirate face. I took a few pictures and she refused to smile in any of them. She wanted to look like a real pirate!

momsheen said...

Arrrgghhh, me 'hearty! :) You are an expert at finding deals! Sorry we missed all that.