Saturday, April 30, 2011

Evan's 3rd Birthday

Evan's third birthday was this past Thursday, and was pretty low key, at least for us.  We've scheduled his birthday party for next weekend, and will have a good ol' time at the Cedar Rock Railroad with several of his friends from nursery.  He opened presents (which he loved!), had pizza ordered for dinner, had "Happy Birthday" sung to him a number of times, and got to blow out a "3" candle at least 2 times.  Happy 3rd, little guy!






Now, before I posted these pictures, I noticed in most of them, Evan looks pretty mellow/somber.  We can't blame him.  The day before he had 103 fever, and at an 8:45am Dr's appointment on his birthday, he was diagnosed with an surprise "treat": strep throat.  A bit of a bummer, but he was able to keep his spirits up playing with his new Geotrax Cars sets, his other gifts, and a Redbox rental.

One funny thing about his birthday - Evan wasn't the only one sick, Amy and Livy were, too, so I was in charge of meals for the day.  When dinner came around, I needed something that I could do.  I brought up pictures on the computer of a pizza and spaghetti, and asked which he wanted.  He was pretty clear what he wanted: pizza.  Well I started to talk with him about making pizzas, maybe even individual pizzas for the kids, and his response was even more clear: "No.  Drive, Dad.  Drive."  I won't complain - I love Gatti's pizza and I love ordering out, but now I know what he thinks about my cooking.  :)

3 comments:

Verity said...

"Drive Dad, drive." That is awesome--we were thinking of Evan on his birthday and talked about him over breakfast. Hope he's feeling better...a small package should arrive in a week or two. :)

momsheen said...

I'm so so sorry that Evan and the others were sick! It sounded as though Dad was a bit of a hero to his day though! :) Can't wait to celebrate a late birthday party with you guys for him - and hopefully all of your family will be well enough to enjoy it too!

Fred & Charlene said...

So sad that Evan, Amy and Livy were
ill. Dad did a great job making Evan's birthday a happy time.

The candle on the pizza was very
creative. We pray you are all healthy again.