Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Let me explain...

So just a couple of things that I (Logan) thought I should explain. First, I got jealous of Brant and Chris and their playlist on their blog so I copied them and added it to this hummer, but I wonder if I'm the only one that ever wonders if other people wonder "What the heck" when they hear some of the songs. So here's my reasoning behind a few:

"Cry me a river" - not the normal tune for me, but when I was teaching seminary, and would ask the kids to do something that the moaned about (which is pretty much every day for teenagers), I would often say, "As J.T. says, 'Cry me a river'." in the same high pitch that he sings. I thought it was funny, and I think just maybe, the kids thought it was funny too.

"Save Ginny Weasley" - Well if you're a Harry Potter nerd like me (my computer name is HPvsTMR - if you know what that is, you're probably a nerd too), just listen to the song a couple of times. It's just awesome. I found it when I was looking for soundtrack clips from the movies, and just added it to the list.

"Particle Man" - This dates back to the days of Tiny Toons, but it recently came back when I found that Evan smiles a bunch whenever I sing to him. I don't know why he smiles so much, but it's definitely not a fluke. I can get him to smile every time - perhaps I'm like one of the American Idol contestants that you can't help but laugh at. I seriously doubt it though - I'm awesome...

6 comments:

Verity said...

I guess I'm an HP nerd, too! :) I think the playlist is rockin, but it wasn't working this morning when I looked at it, so I'll have to get some JT in later.

Verity said...

I'm listening to the Ginny Weasley song right now, and it is so funny/cool/weird at the same time! ;)

Call Me Grizzly said...

Maybe it's on random, but the first song on the playlist just now was centro-matic. Major kudos, my broham. Also, I can see you high-pitching some J.T. I only have more respect for you now.
Good job.

bedelia said...

My brother-in-law just saw the band Harry and the Potters up in SLC a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what TMR is but I'm pretty sure as soon as I find out, I'll say, "Dang I'm and idiot."

bedelia said...

Oh, Tom Marvlo Riddle. Is that how you spell his middle name? Is that right?

Amy said...

Close - there are three "o"s in "I am Lord Voldemort" and only two in your spelling of "Tom Marvlo Riddle". So add in an "o" to his middle name so that it is "Marvolo"... really, I'm that much of a nerd...