Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bad Words

So, I love my kids. They are the best, and they have the best intentions...

Lately the word "poop" in our house has become a bad word. It simply was being used in way too many ways and names that Abby and Collin were calling each other. Thus it became outlawed! Sent to the land of bad words. Well the kids understood this and agreed that we shouldn't say that word anymore.

Last week one day that Logan came home from work they excitedly met him at the door and Abby said, "Daddy, daddy guess what I didn't say poop all day, I didn't call Collin a poop head, or poopy, or poopers, or anything. But baby Evan did poop a lot today. But even then I didn't say poop. But Collin said poop once today. But not me, I didn't say poop even once. Did I mom? Did I say poop?" After that Collin agreed and found all the ways that he hadn't said poop also, by using the word as much as he possibly could.

At this point Logan and I are almost in tears trying not to laugh. They were truly so excited that they were being obedient.

Looks like we have to work on that one a little harder.

7 comments:

Anne said...

that is hilarious. we have fought the same battle in the anderson home. it only subsided after craig started doing time outs on the potty for potty talk. awesome.

Verity said...

This was great! I know it sounds weird, but for a while I was making Rhiannon pay me a nickel for every time she said, "DUDE!" Not a bad word, but you would not believe how often she said it! The nickel thing worked--she hardly says it anymore! (Maybe I should start paying up for saying 'like' all the time!) Thanks for sharing!

Walker family said...

Hi, I stumbled upon you guys through the Warrens blog.

LOL, great story.

momsheen said...

This was just way toooooo cute!!! I loved how you were able to relate the experience so well that it was like I was there listening to Abby!!! Loved it!!

Maegan said...

I love what comes out of kids mouths!

Christie said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!

Erickson Fam said...

That is so funny and sounds a lot like the conversations in my home! (glad to know I'm not alone)